Craving Oreos AND doughnuts? Have both! The donut itself reminds me of the chocolate cookie part of an Oreo, while the frosting tastes like the “best” part of an Oreo: that yummy creme filling! These doughnuts are so rich and packed with protein that I was totally satisfied at two, even though I had full intentions of eating the whole batch. Why should I feel guilty? Each donut is as low as 107 calories with no topping or 150 calorie including the toppings!
Shredders Whey Oreo Protein Doughnuts
- 50 g chocolate Shredders Whey Protein
- 6 tbsp. baking stevia
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour or almond flour
- 2 tbsp. Special Dark 100% cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup confectioner's erythritol or alternative of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch or potato starch or tapioca starch
- 1 tsp. light dairy-free buttery spread
- 3/4 tsp. unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 mini Oreos, crushed
Preheat oven to around 160 degrees C.
Whisk together dry ingredients (through baking powder).
Mix in wet in wet ingredients (through vanilla extract). Batter will be thick (less thick if you use almond flour).
- Lightly coat four wells of donut pan with cooking spray.
- Either spoon batter directly into wells, or spoon into a Ziploc bag and cut off one corner to "pipe" batter into wells.
- Bake for donuts for 8-10 minutes until firm.
- While donuts cool, whisk together frosting ingredients. It may not seem like enough liquid, but you want the frosting to be thick, not watery.
- Frost donuts and sprinkle crushed cookies as topping. Eat ALL the donuts!
Calories (per donut, with topping):
I made these on weekend using the Coconut Caramel Shredders whey as its the only flavour I had and they turned out so good
Made them and they turned out a little dry, but That’s because I was stuck on the phone to my in-laws. I made them again last night and they turned out so good. I would love to get more desserts ideas from you guys.
Well I said I would make them and I did. I can also confirm they taste really good!!
I’ll be asking the wife to make these.
Come on! These sound to good to be true
These actually look good !!
Oh get out! I’m making these