- 200g dried spaghetti ( We use brown rice pasta -50g per person)
- 2 pack (500g) Shredders Guilt-Free Pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 300g mushroom, sliced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 100ml olive oil
- 300ml water
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Generous amount of cracked pepper and your favourite herb (I use chopped parsley)
- Drain the Shredders Guilt-Free Pasta from the packet and boil lightly or wash with boiling water.
- Put the pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions.
- While they cook, make the sauce by placing drained chickpea, olive oil, nutritional yeast (optional) and salt in a food processor and process, then slowly add the water to process until very creamy.
- Set aside then sauté the garlic and mushrooms in a little olive oil and salt then add the chickpea sauce.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it. When you drain the pasta, pour the hot water over the Shredders Guilt-Free Pasta to warm up then mix the drained pasta and Shredders Guilt-Free Pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with generous amount of cracked pepper and chopped parsley.
Add greens to make this dish even more protein rich.
I like adding frozen peas or shredded kale for extra protein and bright green colour. For pea, add the peas two minutes before the end of pasta cooking time. For kale, saute with mushroom.
Yoshiko has a life-long passion for food and strongly believes that we really are what we eat. For nearly 20 years, she has been sharing her knowledge of cooking and the food industry as a cooking teacher in both Japan and Australia. She is an author of internationally published books Cooking with Soy & Japanese Superfoods, and runs cooking classes using Japanese superfoods in Bondi Junction, Sydney.
Check out her cooking class and blog www.cookingwithyoshiko.com