One of the most common questions I get asked is; what is the best diet for weight loss? The short answer:
The one you can stick to!
When it comes to the best diet for weight loss, there is no magic bullet. There are some shockers out there, but there are also some good ones. Coming soon is our Weight Loss Program. Soon you will be able to be guided by our team of experts.
Most diets in some way or another aim to reduce your calorie intake. Whether it be a 30 day detox, a 12 week challenge or a cabbage soup diet. They all have one intention, to reduce your calorie intake so that you lose weight. The trouble is sticking to a cabbage soup diet is hard, very hard, actually I once was at a detox camp and it was terrible as it was a liquid diet and I left after 3 days! So like me you will soon find you can no longer stand the diet and go back to your old habits. And the weight you fought so hard to lose, starts to come back with a vengeance. In a lot of cases you end up heavier than when you started the blasted starvation diet!
Why do I feel so hungry when I diet?
You may find as you start to lose weight, your appetite increases. This is a result of your body releasing more hormones that increase your drive to eat. Making it harder for you to lose weight.
So does that mean we should just give up?
No!! It means you should take a more sensible and sustainable approach.
Weight loss or staying at a weight that you are comfortable with, takes a commitment to smarter and healthy behaviours. One of the easiest ways to stay committed is to use smart choices in your weight loss journey that assist in keeping hunger and cravings at bay, and this is exactly why I started Shredders Nutrition, to bring so-called ‘guilty-pleasure’ foods back onto healthy people’s plates while also producing incredible weight loss products.
Top tips for a sensible and sustainable approach
- Weighing yourself: weighing yourself every week or two makes it more likely you will keep the weight off. DO NOT weigh yourself daily! I suggest weighing yourself every Saturday morning soon as you wake up.
- Watch your portion sizes, if you are eating more than you need, that excess energy will lead to weight gain, even over eating veggies can make you gain weight, calories are calories!
- Watch your energy intake, the recommendations for adults is around 8700 kilojoules per day. Or around 2000 calories. This varies between individuals so if really serious look into our Weight Loss Program.
- Exercise to prevent weight gain. Remember, if you are doing weight training that muscle weighs more than fat.
- Avoid fad diets. They may lead to weight loss, but you will see the weight return when you can’t maintain the strict rules, and this is why I will soon offer a Weight Loss Program so we can assist you on a professional tailored program.
- Eat less of the obvious energy dense culprits, that pack a punch, but do not offer any good nutrition. This includes soft drink, cookies, chips, fried foods and processed baked goods.
- Eat more of the good stuff. Boost vegetables, fruit, whole-grains, lean proteins and beans.
This is by no means an extensive list of what it takes to lose weight. This is just a thought starter on choosing a healthier lifestyle and feeling more in control of your weight loss journey.
Keep in mind our soon to release Weight Loss Program for support around your weight loss goals, in the meantime checkout these incredible scientifically proven products to incorporate in your journey.
I would like to order the program. Huge fan of the shredded in rainbow candy!! If you are interested in buying Instant the shredded fat burner, I wouldn’t hesitate , do it as its a real good product. Just dont have late at night
Nice work Matthew
I ordered the fat burner and protein now. Please let me know when the program is ready
Hook us up with the program gang.
When ids this program going to be available??? I would love to be able order it
I have been loving the mail you guys have been sending. Keep it up.
Will you please help me. I have not had any success in losing weight and I am suffering with depression from my weight. SOS
So true the part about the diet you can stick to. Nice first blog Matthew
I am very interested in getting the weight loss program when you guys are ready.